In this episode of In Touch With iOS
This week your host Dave Ginsburg is joined by guest Kelly Guimont from the Daily Observations podcast we talk about all the new features of iOS13, iPadOs, WatchOS6, iPhone 11 Pro review, apple Watch Series 5 discussion and more.
Show notes are at InTouchwithiOS.com
Dave has the iPhone 11 Pro Max he gives his review of the device and thoughts so far. Key items include the amazing 3 lenses in the camera and great battery life. Also his experience switching over to esim on T-Mobile.
Migration process was awesome! Using Bluetooth instead of iCloud
The Apple Watch Series 5 hit stores last week and basically this the same as the series 4. The only differences is the always on and the compass plus better battery life.
WatchOS 6 was released and there are some great features add here are a few we discussed.
- Standalone App Store
- Noise App
WatchOS 6 is compatible with all models except the Series 0. Series 1 and Series 2 it will be released later in the fall. Not all features are available on the older models.
iOS13.1 and iPadOS 13 was released this week How many of you installing the latest version? We discuss how important you make sure you run your iCloud backup and you should run an iTunes backup or use and app like iMazing as means of another backup.
iOS13 Device Compatibility
- iPhone 11 / Pro / Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- • iPhone XS Max
- • iPhone XR
- • iPhone X
- • iPhone 8
- • iPhone 8 Plus
- • iPhone 7
- • iPhone 7 Plus
- • iPhone 6s
- • iPhone 6s Plus
- • iPhone SE
- • iPod touch (7th generation)
iPadOS 13 Device Compatibility
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
Some of the features that stand out that we discuss
- Why iPhone and iPad Apps Are Asking to Use Bluetooth
- Dark Mode. The most discussed feature added. You can even control dark mode in the control center.
- New Volume HUD (heads uo display) on the screen
- AirDrop Menu update and much more reformed and prioritizes the closest device.
- 3D Touch has been replaced with Haptic Touch. Even older devices like the iPhone SE will have haptic touch. New more refined menus and it’s now much easier to get the wiggle to rearrange apps and delete them as there is a menu item.
Updating your apps have changed too. In the App store you tap your picture on the top right and it brings you to the Account.
The Share Sheet has numerous new upgrades including redesign.
Swipe Keyboard Kelly and I discussed that.
Some notable iPadOS features we talked about.
Desktop Class Safari Browser
Kelly’s thoughts on Apple Arcade
About our Guest